Frequently Asked QuestionsQuestions to help you through your experience on the website.
How is soap made?
What makes handmade soap different to commercial soap?
What is the cold-process method?
Why are your products Free from Palm Oil?
The high yield from palm trees makes palm oil inexpensive and has resulted in it becoming an ingredient in many household products – foods, cosmetics, confectionary, cleaning products, animal care, etc. We decided at the onset of our business in 2010 that our products would not be among them. It is great to see that so many companies – large and small – are following suit. Small steps make big impact.
What is Loofah Soap?
How long can you keep your loofah scrubs?
- Steam or boil for 3mins.
- Submerse in the following solutions for 10mins:
- A few drops of Tea Tree Oil in a cup of warm water.
- 1 tbsp apple cider or white vinegar in 1 cup of warm water.
- 1 tbsp baking soda in one cup of warm water.
Loofah is natural so can be composted at the end of its usefulness.
What is pearl shell powder?
What seaweeds do you use in your Donegal Seaweed Soap?
What is Shea Butter good for?
Are your soaps good for facial cleansing?
Do you have a soap bar suitable for oily skin?
Do you have any soap care instructions?
How do you use the Cocoa Butter Shower Massage Bar?
Our recommended Step-by-step showering instructions are:
- Scrub and cleanse with handmade Donegal Natural Soap.
- Rinse lather.
- Massage the Cocoa Butter Shower Massage Bar into warm, wet skin allowing the butters to melt and absorb.Give extra love and attention to typical dry areas – knees, feet (don’t fall over), heels, elbows, upper arms, etc.
- Pat skin dry with a towel.